Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back to Provo

So..... We're a week later now.  What has happened in the past week.  So.  Monday Taylor and I went to Kings Island, an amusement park in Cincy.  We had a good time there and were able to do everything that was worthwhile.  I was quite impressed with the park.

Tuesday we bounced.  We picked up Stella, a friend of Taylors that he grew up with, and we got on the road towards Provo.  I was in the Lazarev's car, while Teej and Stella were in his car.  It was a dang good thing that I was driving, too, because they barely had enough room with me carrying half of their stuffs!  We went to St. Louis, passing through Indianapolis.  I stopped in Indy and drove around just to see the Conseco Fieldhouse as well as Lucas Oil Field, where the colts play.  I thought Lucas Oil was tiny, but it was impressively large.  They also had that crazy earthquake on the east coast while we were in Indy.  they made a huge deal out of it on the news. haha

We got to St. Louis around 5, and headed to the magical arch of expansion, aka the gateway arch. We tossed a baseball on a hill under it, and Stella got a stellar picture of it.  solid.  (to be added later....) um, LKF (aka little known fact) The magical arch of expansion is actually just as wide as it is tall.  despite the fact that it is optically illusion-ized to make you think it is way taller.  it is actually630 feet tall and wide.  Teej didn't believe me, but wikipedia had my back.
We went to the game afterwards and got some tickets from a scalper.  we got our tix for 10 bucks each in the outfield bleachers.  It was HOT!  So stinkin hot and humid.  it was like 95 degrees at first pitch at 7:00  The dodgers crushed St. Louis.  it was 11-0 when StL put in an outfielder to pitch the 9th.  the final was 13-2 after LA had a 2 run homer off of Shumaker, but they also got struck out twice, too, so....  I had fun yelling at Dodger outfielders.  and we snagged front row outfield seats when i asked some people leaving early if i could take their seats. haha.  it was pretty bad.  I wasn't too impressed with the stadium, but taylor loved it.  It was midway for me.

This is my final stadium rankings for all the stadiums I have been to:
1 Fenway, Boston
2 PETCO Park, San Diego
3 Citi Field, New York Mets
4 Old Yankee Stadium, NYY
5 Camden yards, Baltimore
5 Great American, Cincinnati
5 Citizens Bank, Philadelphia
5 Busch Stadium, St Louis
5 Safeco Filed, Seattle*
10 Yankee Stadium, New York Yankees
10 PNC Park, Pittsburgh
10 Nationals Park, Washington DC

13 The Jake/ Progressive Field, Cleveland
14 Angel Stadium, Anaheim
15 Qualcomm Stadium, SD
16 Dodger Stadium Los Angeles
17 Kauffmann Stadium, Kansas City*

* I was young andbarely remember these places, but we drove by KC, and it is still ugly. haha

Also, a special ranking of best skyline view beyond centerfield, acording to me
1 Pittsburgh
2 SD
3 Baltimore
4 St Louis
5 Philadelphia

So, after the game, we got in the cars and drove towards Kansas City, but decided to pull off in Columbia.  So we stayed in a motel there.
The next day, we got up around 9 and headed across the country: Through Independence, Missouri to Kansas City to the middle of nowhere Kansas to Colby Kansas and finally we arrived in Denver, where we stayed with the Gibbs family.  They were so nice and it  was good to get to know Erics family a tiny bit better.  I spent these few days as a very hyper person when I got around people after being couped up in a car all day.  I was having fun.
Thursday we got up around 8 and headed over the continental divide and through Aspen, along the Colorado River to Grand junction, then through eastern Utah and up to Provo!  I made it the whole way, not only driving the whole way, but I was alone in the car the whole way after Cincy.  do work.  one day, i  will drive to California again, and i will be able to say, although extremely drawn out, that i drove from the Atlantic to the Pacific.  Boston to San Diego.  nice.
I went up to SLC with the Lazarev's and picked up my car from Anne and Danny's, then went to Garrett's and DID WORK on the car and crammed everything into the car.  I conjured a way to see my blind spot and had to lean awkwardly forward because I had a box where my head was supposed to be. nice.
I spent thursday night and friday moving in.  Friday night was also my first night of work for the Athletic marketing team.  I helped out at the soccer game, passing out promo items and free posters, and during the game, we had way too many free churro's, so i went out into the stands to just give them away. haha
Sat i got alot of errands done before going to Salt lake for dinner, as Dad and most of his family were in town for Anne and Danny's farewell, and then we went to shop briefly before I came home.
Sunday I woke up early to get back to church in Salt Lake, then after church, we went to Justin's place for lunch.  We spent all afternoon there, talking, eating, playing Settlers, and celebrating Jason's Birthday.  I then dropped Dad off at Malee's before going to Janessa and Cara's place to pick up Michael and Nich on my way back to Provo to start school at 8:00 on monday morning!
School is good so far.  I have Information Systems 201, Humanities, Volleyball, New Testament, Fun, and Anatomy.  I still haven't had anatomy, but the rest have been good.  It should be a challenging, but rewarding semester.  Now Fun class.... It is fun.  not officially known as fun class, but it should be.  We just played interaction party games/ get to know you type things for 2 hours.  our homework is to type up a sheet to teach everyone else how to play our favorite game, such as mafia or signs.  So easy and it is fun. A solid 3 credits that will keep me sane!
Well, I think that sums up thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment